Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Milk Glass Planters

I had a wonderful and yet busy weekend this past weekend with my brother and sister in law in Nashville.  We attended the Teach Them Diligently Homeschool Conference.  It was so much fun, sitting in great workshops and running around in the vendor hall. I was able to learn some new things and get refreshed for the upcoming school year.  More about that later.  Today, I want to share my most recent DIY.
I found a set of milk glass vases at the Salvation Army store here that I thought would make great planters for my succulents.  My sweet neighbor gave me a few pieces of her Hens and Chicks and I knew those vases would be perfect for them!  I am good at killing plants.  Ashamedly, I kill plants that DON'T die!  I don't know how I do it, especially since I come from a long line of green thumbs...but I do.  
I did, however, have one piece of the Hens and Chicks that has lasted...so I stay hopeful!
The beauty of succulents is that they can sit in the frozen snow and ice of southern Illinois and they live!  I am grateful for that.  So here are the plants and vases..



Linked To:


               

No comments:

Post a Comment