Monday, May 13, 2013

Antique Shops and Yard Sales

Last week was a difficult week.  My husband has had some extra stress at work and my youngest daughter had some serious attitude.  As a result, mommy was having a breakdown.  I love my life, but there are days when enough is enough.  We NEEDED a change of scenery.  We made a last minute decision to go visit my husband's mom for the weekend.  I'm so glad we went.  We were able to surprise her late Thursday night.  We enjoyed our time visiting with mom and got to go to antique shops and yard sales.I was thrilled when I found these things...


I have wanted a new sewing machine for a while but have been a bit reluctant to spend a lot of money on one because the last one I owned I broke.  I have NO IDEA how I broke the machine.  To get it repaired was going to cost me a lot of money so I pitched it.  This "new" machine only cost me $10.  Now I have to learn how to use it, so I'm trusting YouTube to help me out!

As a result of getting away, we came home refreshed and our home and work felt easier to manage.  And I scored some great finds!!

My husband and I feeling relaxed and my silly boys in the back!

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment