Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother's Day gifts

As we quickly approach Mother's Day, I am reminded at what seems last minute, that I need to get a gift off to my mom and mother in law...and like now!  I knew the day was coming but with so many other things on my mind, I put it off.  They both live in other states and with my husband being a minister in our church, we won't be visiting with them this weekend.  So it is imperative that I get them in the mail!  
Well, today was the day for getting something done and I spent the majority of the day doing it.  I wanted to create something unique for the occasion and came up with these rosettes.




Now, the idea with these rosettes is that our moms are to wear them like corsages.  But I also wanted them to resemble wearing a ribbon that honored them as our mom.
  
Like this...


I hot glued a pin on the back for wearing.  I am so excited for them to get these and am sure they will wear them with pride.  

I used my Cricut Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge to cut out the rosettes.  I then embellished them, using a lot of hot glue to keep it all together.  

Tell me what you think.  Are you creating anything for your mom this year?  If so, what are you making?

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment