Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Blessed Life

Our church has a program that started just two months ago, called AWANA.  Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.  My children have loved AWANA for several years.  The program is quite exciting.  The children attend each week, learn scripture verses from the Bible, play competitive games and earn rewards for their hard work.  Four of my five children are active in this great program and are eager to study their books to memorize their verses. (The fifth child is not even two yet...we are thrilled he is learning to say snack!)  Some of my children are in competition with one another, others are in competition with other children in the program.  

While my husband, who works in the program, and children are in their classes, I am attending a parents class called AWANA at Home. I have been challenged to begin new things to better enhance our family's walk with the Lord and our closeness to one another.  One thing I began this week, was to speak a blessing over each member of my family.  This idea comes from the book of Numbers, chapter 6 verses 22-27 when God told Moses to have Aaron bless the Israelites.  I want to stay diligent in doing this every morning when we rise.  I want my children to begin their day thinking of the very Creator of their lives.  We have so much to be thankful for. 

There are days, however, when I fail to remember that we have so much to thank God for.   A lot of times, those days are filled with stress and hassle.  If only I start the day with the Lord, will I then be able to control my response when things don't go "my way".  

Yes, I live a blessed life.  I have a wonderful family.  I live in a good home with food in my kitchen.  I have friends and family who love me.  I couldn't imagine a life without all of these wonderful things!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you is smoking hot! That husband of yours is one lucky man!

    ReplyDelete