Thursday, April 25, 2013

A New Look on Some Old Things

I just love Pinterest.  It is loaded with great ideas.  Today, I found a project I had to try for the main bathroom in my house.  The bathroom had a complete renovation and we have just finished it.  It needs the rug and shower curtain and then I can proudly post all pictures of it.  Until then, I have been gathering items with my color scheme.  
Here's what I did...
I took this glass and vase 

and this paint..Bahamas Blue Americana Acrylic Paint.


I poured the paint into the containers and layered the inside well.  After letting it dry for a few hours, this is what it looks like.

  

Here's how they look on my new shelf in the bathroom.


The walls are a light (VERY LIGHT) gray, the trim and wainscoting are white.  The yellow candles and turquoise blue containers are the accent colors for the bathroom.  I LOVE the way it turned out!




3 comments:

  1. Love it! What a big change for such a small effort! Love the color, too!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Selene! It was pretty easy. Thanks for taking a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue color! Thank you so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete